Storage Tips to Keep Raw Products at Their Maximum Freshness
|2013||Filled under Tips and Advice|
Storing Rules for Fresh Products
Keeping your raw products fresh and loaded with nutrients is a science that can be learned within 11 easy storage tips.
1. Keep your greens fresh by putting them in large plastic bags in the fridge.
2. Another tip is to wrap greens in paper an put them in large plastic bags.
3. Don’t let your raw products freeze by putting them too close to the top of the fridge.
4. Don’t let your products lose freshness by putting them too close to each other without enough space between bags.
5. Rotate the products. Put in front the older products which are ripped enough, and newer products put in the back to ripe.
6. Keep veggies and fruits separate. You may choose to keep them on different shelves or even in different fridges.
7. Verify the content of the bag before washing your greens. Throw away any leaves that seem to be frozen or have any rottenness signs.
8. There are fruits and vegetables that may be kept outside of the fridge without risks of rotting or spoiling. Tomatoes, oranges, bananas, melons, apples and more can be stored outside of the fridge. Many of them continue to ripe just when are stored outside of the fridge.
9. Keep the space below the ventilator as free as possible. Put on the shelves near the fan raw products that need more ventilation than the others: greens and berries.
10. Nuts and seeds must be stored in a cool dry place. Keep them in their original packaging for verifying them from time to time their expiration date and if they don’t have brown spots. If they have, throw them away to exclude any dioxins intoxication.
11. Sprouted seeds must be kept in a shade, avoiding direct sunlight and making sure they are fresh. After 2 days you may move them in the fridge and add them to your salads. More on http://eatingrawfood.org/sprouting
The sense of eating raw is when you eat fresh products and avoid eating yesterday salad. Don’t neglect these rules and your products would give you not only flavor satisfaction but all the nutrients a healthy body may need.
Keeping your products at their maximum freshness will permit you to eat a bigger amount of vitamins, minerals and other important nutrients.
Additional Recommended Information:
Mistakes and Dangers in Raw Food Dieting
Choosing and combining living food products
How to Choose Organic and Raw Food
How to Combine Food Products Properly