Although many people find a raw food diet life challenging, they would be impressed to learn that this diet could make a big difference to their health. Not only will raw diet provide essential nutrients, but it will also improve your mood and energy levels. Scientists say that raw food diet has medicinal value because the enzymes that help us digest food and absorb nutrients are still natural.
Other benefits associated with this diet are:
• Better digestion: The living enzymes contained in raw foods help your body to digest food easily and faster. Cooked food requires more energy to digest and that explains why you feel tired and sleep after meals.
• Increased energy: Raw foods contain simple sugars, nutrients, enzymes and minerals needed in an easily digestible form. This means that you have more energy for other tasks such as working and exercise. Living food also has more energy than cooked foods.
• Beautiful skin: Raw foods contain anti-aging benefits. These foods contain anti-oxidants and micronutrients which play a big role in preventing aging signs and also reduce free radical damage. If you want a clearer skin, eat raw.
• Natural detoxification: Raw foods contain lots of fiber, and thus allow your body to release accumulated toxins and waste from your body. It naturally detoxifies your body by eliminating foods not needed by the body. These foods contain little sodium and saturated fat but are high in potassium and fiber.
• Weight normalization: Raw food diets can accelerate weight loss. These foods do not contain high saturated fats because it is naturally pure. They provide maximum nutrients and useful calories.
• An Ecofriendly lifestyle: Eating raw foods is good for the environment. You reduce the emission of carbon since you are no longer using processed foods. Raw foods provide you with the original flavor of fruits and vegetables.
Raw foods include vegetables such as celery and beets, beans and legumes, nuts, seeds such as sunflower and sesame, sprouts such as broccoli, cold-pressed oils such as olive and hempseed.
However, avoid the following mistakes when you decide to go raw food:
• Avoid overeating acid fruits such as oranges, pineapples, lemons and most citrus fruits.
• Do not eat seedless fruits, as they have been genetically modified and are not natural
• Eating dried fruits as they could cause digestive and dental problems.
• Overeating nuts as most nuts contain a lot of fat.