Raw Food Dieting Works Better if Taking Small Steps to It.
You’ve heard a lot about raw food and you’d like to bring some changes in your dieting and in your life but it’s always hard to give up something you already have, something you already know and going up with head in something you don’t really understand to the end.
You just want to have a better skin, a better health and lose some pounds. If that’s about you, stop and think if you really need this and what do you really need.
Transitioning to raw food should be done conscious and with pleasure. If you’re doing this only because one of your friends is eating raw but you don’t understand why you’re doing this, you may choose to add some fruits, vegetables and nuts to your daily menu. Understanding raw food diet is essential for a healthy and a non-depressive transition. Any strict diet brings stress to the body but a slowly transitioning may help you get the best results.
A slowly transitioning to any diet is better than a promptly one. Of course that adding more fruits and vegetables in your daily menu is a step to transitioning to raw food BUT fruits and vegetables aren’t all in raw food diet. It’s also about the way you think, the way you see your health, and the motivation why you’re doing this.
Some choose to make the total transitioning to a raw food diet within a year but everything depends on you and on how your body reacts to changes. We all are different; we all have different experiences with food that’s why raw food dieting is different for all of us. If you can’t drop out your favorite dishes just try to add more raw food to your daily menu gradually transitioning to totally raw.
Raw food isn’t about eating all the time 100% raw. If you eat more than 75% you can be considered a true raw foodist.
What to do for a right transition to raw food?
1. Collect the information about raw food and print the most important of it. Read and note.
2. Give up trans fats and microwaved food that could be the first step in your passing to a healthier diet.
3. Learn how to choose fruits, vegetables and nuts before buying them. If you decided to add some more of the above first read some useful information about how to do that. Don’t neglect this point because it’s essential.
4. Learn about sprouting seeds.
5. Choosing your favorite raw products then searching for recipes containing them. Raw food is very simple but it would be even simpler for you if you would already know some great recipes when you start the diet.
6. Learn about herbs and spices – their tastes and effects.
7. Learn about sea vegetables, dried vegetables and fruits – how to choose and how to use.
So, the essential rule is gathering the right information about raw food and it’s essential especially for avoiding mistakes that could be dangerous to your health.
Obvious signs your transition isn’t working:
• Health Weakening (Headaches, fatigue, nausea, runny noses, indigestion, joint pain)
• Indigestion (overly gassy, have smelly gas, experience stomach pain, painful/difficult bowel movements, constipation)
• Too Much Weight Loss (below 3-5% for men, below 10-12% for women)
• Being Hungry All the Time especially cravings for junk food
• Increased stress levels
It’s necessary to remember to: listen to your body, to notice the changes and not to rush the things.