What is coconut water? Don’t confuse coconut milk with coconut water. Coconut water is that clear liquid inside the coconut and is high in vitamins and minerals. There is usually more water in young coconuts and water is replaced by the white coconut meat as it matures. For drinking purposes, young and green coconuts are harvested off the tree.
For best results, consume water from fresh coconut shortly after opening. Exposing to air may lead to important nutrients loss.
Note that health benefits are more beneficial when drunk raw.
Many of the coconut water benefits include:
1. Is composed of many naturally occurring enzymes: catalase, acid phosphatase, dehydrogenase, peroxidase, diastase.
2. Contain lauric acid, chloride, iron, potassium, magnesium, calcium, sodium, phosphorus and zinc, more than in some fruits like oranges.
3. The healthy balance of electrolytes is very important for the optimal health of muscular, nervous, immune and cardiovascular systems. It’s also very important to help with the absorption and balance of the body’s internal fluids. The many naturally occurring enzymes also aid in digestion and metabolism.
4. It’s very refreshing.
5. Coconut water is usually recommended to patients with diarrhea in many tropic regions to replace fluid loss. Potassium and sodium containing in coconut water (100 ml of water has 250 mg of potassium and 100 mg of sodium) help replenish body’s electrolytes deficiency due to diarrhea. It’s a well-balanced liquid and it makes an ideal drink in dehydration conditions.
6. Research studies suggest that cytokinins containing in coconut water showed significant anti-cancer, anti-ageing and anti-thrombotic effects.
7. It’s a good source of B-complex vitamins such as thiamin, niacin, riboflavin, pyridoxine and folates. Body may replenish these elements only from external sources.
8. It’s a great body detoxifier.
9. Coconut water help balance your thyroid helping at the same time your body to fight off the infections including bacterial, fungal and viruses.
10. It’s very useful for people who suffer from various kidney diseases which include urinary tract infection (UTI) and kidney stones.
11. Drinking it regularly improves blood circulation.
12. Coconut water is recommended for those who want to lose weight naturally. Drinking one glass of coconut water every morning will help lose weight naturally.
13. There are not known reactions of any sort to coconut water.
It’s safe and recommended in pregnancy, for infants even in diseased conditions.
Unlimited benefits of coconut water make it one of the most amazing drinks in the world.