Raw Cherries in Summer Menu
|2013||Filled under Raw Food Benefits|
Fresh Summer Cherries and Their Benefits on Overall Health
Those who love cherries would be happy to find out that they are full of vitamins and anti-oxidants.
Eating them fresh you give your brain cells the protection they need against age related mental illnesses, helping at the same time in improving memory and mental agility.
Cherries are an excellent source of antioxidants that protect mature brain cells by neutralizing free radicals.
• Cherries are also known for their anti-inflammatory effects and a 2006 year research found that cherry consumption is associated with reduction in blood levels of some indicators of inflammation.
• Cherries are full of vitamins, providing you with vitamin C, magnesium, iron and folate. They contain almost 20 times more beta-carotene than blueberries.
• Cherries are a great source of good carbohydrates and fiber and are slowly digested. That would keep your blood sugar steady and will make you feel full for a longer time. Having a low glycemic index, they would gradually release energy into the bloodstream, minimizing blood sugars swings and maximizing energy, focus and brainpower.
• Cherries are viewed by many scientists as super fruits because they prevent memory loss, delay the aging process, help to ease pain of arthritis and gout, reduces the risk factors for heart disease, diabetes and certain cancers. They are also of a great help in fighting with extra-pounds, inflammation and cholesterol.
You may want to eat them raw but if you want to add an exotic flavor and taste to your meal, add some cherries to any of your salad.
You may try them even in extra-season, replacing raw cherries with dried cherries.
Cherries tastes great when combined with lettuce leaves, onion and vinegar. These are only some ingredients but there are a lot of other delicious combinations.
Raw cherries and spinach salad
• 2 tablespoons of olive oil
• 2 tablespoons of water
• ¼ cup red wine vinegar
• 2 cups of pitted fresh cherries
• 1 package of baby spinach
• 1/3 cup of crumbled blue cheese
Combine all the ingredients except cherries, spinach and cheese, in a bowl then add cherries, gently tossing. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
Toss spinach and cheese in another bowl. Add cherry mixture to spinach mixture and toss gently. Serve immediately.
Cherries would provide you the energy for a whole day whichever form you’ll choose, dried or fresh. Add them in your menu and cherries would provide you all the benefits they can.